Last minute specials are available.
Get them before they are gone! Read more >>>
Make Your Camping Reservations Online - CLICK HERE
Country Store is OPEN 7 Days!!
Sunday - Wednesday 8am - 7pm
Thursday - Saturday 8am - 8pm
*Note for Campers:
If the store is closed or if it is after hours, call our Lodge at 256.247.5461 to register. No check-ins allowed after 1opm.
Joe Wheeler State Park is the place to camp in the great outdoors! The park features improved camping and primitive camping, with campsites located in a wooded setting surrounded by towering pines and hardwoods.
Joe Wheeler State Park's Improved campground has a total of 116 campsites. 110 of those campsites have full hookup with water, electricity, and sewer. 3 bathhouses located in each section. Most sites can accomodate any size camping unit. Tents are also welcome. Picnic tables, pedestal, or fire grill grills are located at each site.
For reservations, please call 1-800-ALA-PARK or 256-247-1184 or
Make an Online Reservation
30 Amp Service
26 Sites with 50 Amp Service
All sites with sewer, water, & electric.
Sites can accomodate slideouts and large RVs
Coin-operated laundry located in the Country Store
Back-In Sites & Pull-Thru Sites Available
Activity Building Available for Camping Clubs
Three Bathhouses. One located in each section
Security and Ranger Patrolled
Limited Lakeside Sites
Improved Camping Rates
March thru October
November thru February
*One Extra Child's Tent Fee:
*Prices do not include 11% Lodging Tax
Winter Camping Rates (Dec - Feb Only):
Weekly: $115.00* (Plus tax)
Monthly: $350.00* (Plus tax)
Primitive Camping Rates
March - October = $16.00
November - February = $13.00
• Two-night minimum on weekends March - October. Three-night minimum on major holidays.
• A deposit of one-night's rent is required to hold a reservation. Fees based on 4 persons with a maximum of 8 persons per site. Fees subject to change without notice.
• Senior Citizens (62+) and 100% - 15% discount Sunday thru Thursday Nights from March-October.
• Senior Citizen (62+) and 100% Disabled discount is available all nights from November-February.
• Extra Tent (Children 18 and under) Same Site - $5
• Cancellation of a reservation has to be within 72 hours of arrival.
• Campers can pick any available campsite. We do not have site specific reservations.
• Reservations for holiday weekends should be made months in advance.
Check out time: 11:00 AM
Camping – All senior citizens (62+) and 100% disabled persons are eligible for a 15% discount on camping fees Sunday Night thru Thursday Nights, March - October, All nights, November thru February. Proof of age and disability is required.
Discounts are not available in conjunction with group rates, special packages, or other discounts.
For more info & to make a reservation, please call the Country Store at 1-800-ALA-PARK or 256-247-1184
Make an Online Reservation
NOTICE: First night's rent will be charged to your credit card on all reservations!!
Prices subject to change without notice
For reservations and more information:
Call 256-247-1184 or 1-800-ALA-PARK
FREE WIRELESS INTERNET
* Lodge and Hotel
* Lakeside Cottages
Access to Alabama State Parks and State Park Programs is available without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex or disabilities.