Mom, I'm bored...you will never hear that at a state park!
No matter which Alabama State Park you visit, there are plenty of fun and exciting activities to keep you and your family busy. Whether it’s hiking, biking, swimming, camping, boating, fishing, or simply relaxing, Alabama State Parks have it all.
See sunrises and sunsets from mountaintops or along the beach, discover beautiful songbirds, photograph native foliage, water ski or ride personal watercraft, sail or paddle along the lakes, rivers and streams, catch a “mess of fish,” take a swing on the golf course … list goes on and on.
Make an Alabama State Park your next stay and play destination
- Camping – RV or tent, whichever you prefer.
- Fishing – From the bank, pier or in a boat.
- Hiking or Biking – Roads or trails.
- Golfing – Six courses across the state.
- Geocaching – Available at all parks.
- Horseback Riding – Available at several parks.
- Restaurant – Fine dining at resort parks.
More fun things to do
- Photographing Nature
- Attending Nature Programs
- Beachcombing at Gulf State Park
- Playing Frisbee
- Gem Mining and Cave Tours at Cathedral and Rickwood