Cheaha State Park Annual
chili cook off
Cook 3 crock Pots of Chili and you can win……
1st prize – Free Weekend (2 nights) For your Group at Bald Rock Lodge!
2nd prize – Free Night (1) for your group at Bald Rock Lodge!
3rd prize – Free use of pavilion and admission for 25 people!
We open the doors for you to taste the Chili Free at Noon (12:00 – 3:00 PM) Free while it last!
Enjoy our Native American Drummers & dancers
Demonstrations on how to make drums and jewelry
Saturday September 29, 2012
chili Cook off & tasting - SATURDAY noon - until it’s gone
at the Bald Rock Lodge! Come vote for your team!
Brides, Family reunions, Church groups, Scout group "Will your group be next?"
Call us to get a form or print out and send to
Click here for registration form http://www.alapark.com/parks/pdfs/Cheaha/CheahaChiliCookOff2010.pdf Please just mark off the 2010 date and put in the correct date.
Cheaha State Park
Hwy 218 2141 Bunker Loop
Delta Ala. 36258
Rules when you enter:
$25.00 per table entry fee to preregister Must preregister
CHEAHA CHILI COOK-OFF Rules:
1. Meet at Cheaha’s Bald Rock Lodge at 8:00 a.m., Saturday morning, to set up
your table and prepare your chili. Cheaha’s staff will be assisting entries in the registration & set up process. Parking is available in the basketball court area. You may unload in the back by the kitchen or in the parking area. Please park in the assigned area and do not block the circle drive.
2. *Have at least two (2) typed copies of your chili recipe one belongs to Cheaha and must be handed in as you register and receive your table number.
3. *Three people must register and be present during the chili cook off. Someone registered must be at your table during the competition and tasting at all times.
4. Cheaha Park is not responsible for any damages etc. to entry’s equipment or them while they are cooking and serving on State Property. A waiver must be signed on the day of the Chili Cook-Off Competition.
5. Cheaha State Park will supply table, outlet, tablecloth, four (4) chairs, tasting cups, spoons and napkins for visitors and judges. The park will not supply items not listed in our supply list. Cheaha State Park is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
6. *Serving gloves, hair net/ hats and apron must be worn while preparing and serving chili.
7. *Each entry will prepare three (3) crock-pots of chili. The only ingredient that may change in your three (3) pots of chili is what puts in the heat.
Each pot must be labeled for public as follows:
*HOT = Has Hot peppers or spice that makes it hot!
*MILD = Not very Hot.
*REGULAR = Children and seniors can eat.
8. *Precook any ingredient necessary before arriving ie… onions, peppers, meat.
9. *Please bring all items needed, such as: all recipe ingredients, ice chest, crock-pots,
Extension cords, accessories, and other useful items.
10. *Please have a poster with the name of your group for display. Brochures etc. may be on your table.
12. *All chili must to be prepared and ready to be judged by noon. The judges will review the recipe provided. If you do not have your entire chili prepared by noon the chili will be judged by the ingredients in the chili at that time. If any of the recipe’s ingredients were left out, these will be marked out of your recipe that was submitted.
13. All tables must be ready to serve the public for the Chili tasting by Noon when we open the door!
14.* The Chili Tasting will be serving chili until 3:00 unless we run out of chili early! Someone has to be at your table in order for your group to win when each prize is announced.