Eighth Day Escape
Welcome to the Eighth Day Escape adventure series and contest by Parks Explorer! Throughout this year, Parks Explorer will share trip ideas, staff stories, activity suggestions, and much more from each Alabama State Park. These monthly posts will be personal accounts of traveling Park Naturalist Emily Vanderford, where she details her park adventures and experiences in the unique natural areas across the state. While reading about park adventures is not nearly as meaningful as experiencing them first-hand, Parks Explorer wants you to know just how many opportunities there are for you to enjoy Alabama the beautiful.
Get Rewarded for Visiting an Alabama State Park
The contest portion of the Eighth Day Escapes adventure series will feature monthly giveaways to show appreciation to park customers for their patronage. At the end of the year, there will be a Grand Prize drawing from all contest entries throughout 2016. Entering the contest is as simple as visiting any Alabama State Park and submitting a contest entry form with a photo. Read more below.
How to Enter:
- VISIT any Alabama State Park and capture photos as you explore.
- SUBMIT a contest entry form with photos and a brief recap of your adventure (details below).
- FOLLOW the Parks Explorer column on alapark.com/explorer for announcement of monthly winner.
- Contestants may e-mail their entry form along with digital photos (up to 5 MB) to Parks.Explorer@dcnr.alabama.gov
- Contestants may post their photos to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ALStateParks/, tweet photos to @ALStateParks, or post to Instagram, tagging @alstateparks. Indicate where the image was taken and use hashtag #EighthDayEscape for all social media entries. Emailed entry form must accompany all social media photos in order for participant to be eligible.
- Contestants may submit entry form and printed photos by mail.
- Mail to: Eighth Day Escape Contest, Oak Mountain State Park, 200 Terrace Drive, Pelham, AL 35124.