Our Semi-Primitive Campsites are located along our Picnic Trail, named by the Civilian Conservations Corps workers. Tent camping at one of our Semi-Primitive campsites allows you to park right next to your site, and you are walking distance to the Bunker Tower, our pavilions, hiking trails, pool, restrooms, and our restaurant. We have 25 easy to access sites available, so make plans to spend the weekend camping at Alabama's Highest Point!
We have firewood available for purchase at our Country Store!
Check-in at our Country Store begins at 2:00 p.m.
Check-out by 11:00 a.m.
Click here to see an overview map of the park.
Each Site Includes:
- Picnic Tables
- Fire Ring
- Access to communal water spigots
- Access to bathhouses in Upper Campground
- $19.00 per site for 4 guests Plus tax
- There is a 2 vehicle maximum per site. Over 2 vehicles, there will be a $5.00 charge per vehicle, per night.
- $5.50 extra tent fee per night Maximum 2 tents per site
- $2.20 for additional guests per night Maximum 8 guests per site
- A one night deposit required for reservations - We will release if you do not arrive by 10 pm day of arrival.
- Reservations must be canceled 72 hours (3 days) prior to check-in date for deposits to be refunded
Note: As of January 1, 2019, $4.75 one time non-refundable transaction fee will be charged upon making a reservation, and a 3.75% nightly resort fee will be charged per reservation upon check-in.
Rules and Regulations:
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
- 2-night minimum stay for weekends
- 3-night minimum stay for all major holidays
- Pets must be leashed at all times 6-ft maximum length
- All guests must be checked in by 10:00 p.m.
- Registration cards must be displayed in vehicle window and on-site post
- Our Semi-Primitive Campground is now fully Site Specific, you may request a site when you make a reservation, if you do not make a request, a campsite will be assigned to you.
- If you set up on a campsite that is not assigned to you, you will be asked to move.
- Never leave your campfire unattended
- Please follow all Park Rules and Regulations when camping
- All guests not staying overnight will be charged the day use fee per person per day.
We recommend reservations for holiday & race weekends be made at least 3 months in advance to ensure availability.
Camping – Government employees, All senior citizens (62+) and 100% disabled persons are eligible for a 15% discount on camping fees Sunday Night through Thursday Nights, March - November. 15% All nights, December thru February (exception of holiday weekends). Proof of age, 100% disability or government employment is required at check-in.