ALERT: THE JANUARY 2019 STORM KNOCKED APPROXIMATELY 30 TREES DOWN IN THE PRIMITIVE CAMPGROUND. WE ARE DILIGENTLY WORKING TO GET THEM CUT, STACKED AND REMOVED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE WHILE WE MAKE THESE IMPROVEMENTS.
Located close to Lake Cheaha, this campground is our newest addition to Cheaha State Park. If you are looking for a true PRIMITIVE camping experience, this is the place for you! This campground gives campers the "Back to Nature" feel. Showers are not available. There is a pit toilet in the campground and two shared water spigots.
Rules & Regulations:
- Two-night minimum on weekends.
A three-night minimum stay is required on Talladega race weekend and all holidays.
- A deposit of your first night's stay is required to hold a reservation.
There is a 2 vehicle maximum per site. Over 2 vehicles, there will be a $5.00 charge per vehicle, per night.
- Check out time: 11:00 a.m.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. (IF USING A GENERATOR, PLEASE USE A "WHISPER QUIET" STYLE.)
- Note: As of January 1, 2019, $4.75 one time non-refundable transaction fee will be charged upon making a reservation, and a 3.75% nightly resort fee will be charged per reservation upon check-in.
- Cancellations must be made 72 hours before check-in for a full refund of the deposit.
- Gates are locked for your safety.
$15.00 (tax not included) Per Night fee based on 4 person rate.
$2.20 per extra person maximum of 8 per site
Extra tent is $5.50 per night
- Fire ring at each campsite
- Community water faucet
- Pit toilet available (NO ACCESS TO SHOWERS)
Camping Discounts – Government employees, All senior citizens (62+) and 100% disabled persons are eligible for a 15% discount on camping fees Sunday Night thru Thursday Nights, March - November. 15% All nights, December thru February (exception of holiday weekends). Proof of age, 100% disability or government employment is required at check-in.