Lake Guntersville State Park
Dog Friendly Units
2 Lakeside Cabins
2 Lodge Rooms
It has long been a popular trend for families and individuals to travel with their dogs. Recognizing the need to establish dog-friendly accommodations, Lake Guntersville State Park has designated 2 lakeside cabins and 3 chalets as dog-friendly units. Please note a $16.50 per night, per dog, charge will apply. Be sure to inquire about these specific units when making reservations.
Please note that the following policies apply when bringing your dog to an Alabama State Park.
- Dogs are only allowed in dog-friendly units.
- Guest must have current a credit card number on file with the front desk and will assume responsibility for any damages that occur. Extra charges for cleaning and damages may apply.
- Park management reserves the right to prohibit any dog on Alabama State Park premises. If a guest is evicted due to an intimidating, destructive, dangerous, or noisy dog, the guest is still responsible for full payment of their unit.
- Dogs are permitted in designated day use areas and dog friendly facilities if on a leash and attended to at all times. Dogs may not be left unattended at any time in a cabin or chalet unless in a pet carrier or crate.
- Maintenance and housekeeping staff might not enter your unit unless your dog is leashed or confined.
- Dogs are not allowed in any other building, at the beach, or by the swimming pool.
- Dog owners are required to clean up after their pets and are responsible for their actions.
- Dogs must be current with all vaccinations and have tags or documentation.
Thank you for complying with these regulations.