Located in the Park's Campground, the Activities Building is the perfect place to host an all-day event that won't break the bank! This 200 person facility features indoor restrooms, a convenient kitchen, and includes the use of tables and chairs. This facility is great for your family reunion, wedding reception, class, or meeting!
For reservations, please contact Special Events Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
(251) 948-7275 Ext. 92127 or Ext. 92128
If you are interested in using the Activities Building for a wedding reception, please refer to the Gulf State Park Wedding Planner Booklet for important planning information.
Rental rates are $205 Monday through Thursday and $307 Friday through Sunday.
- Rental times are between 8am to 10pm. The key can be picked up at the campground registration office no earlier than 8:00am and must be returned immediately after your event. A lost or stolen key will result in the charge of the cost to put new locks on the entire building.
- The Activities Building is not available on Thanksgiving or Christmas, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day
- A deposit of $100 is due when the reservation is made. At no point is the deposit refundable. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to your scheduled event. It is your responsibility to know when the paperwork and fees are due. You will not be allowed to access the Activities Building until all paperwork and fees have been received. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation that is not complete by its 60 day mark.
- You must cancel no less than 60 days prior to your reservation date for a refund. If you cancel 61 days or more prior to your reservation date, you will be refunded the entire amount of your rental minus the $100 deposit. If the reservation is cancelled 60 days or less prior to your reservation date, no refund will be granted.
- Equipment and supplies located in the building are the property of Gulf State Park. Please do not remove from the premises under any condition.
- No smoking, pets, or frying allowed in the building at any time.
- Entrance fee to campground and a wedding permit (if applicable) are included in the venue rental. Please let your guests know to bring their invitation to be allowed no charge entrance. Rental fee does not include parking fee at beach locations that charge for parking.
- Rental of the Activities Building does not include rental of the Education Building, Amphitheatre, or Nature Center. No part of any of these facilities should be used or decorated during lessee’s rental time. Rental does not include usage of the pool area unless arranged in advance during off season dates.
- The user is responsible for furniture set-up and tear-down. Half of the tables should be stacked against the wall in the front of the building and half should be stacked in the back.
- Chairs should be stacked according to type and lined along the wall.
- Decorations should be limited to tabletops or free standing. NO tape, tacks, pins, nails or any other kind of adhesives will be used on the walls or ceilings.
- The user is responsible for sweeping after each function. The kitchen is to be cleaned and counters wiped, and the trash removed from the building. All trash and debris will be taken to the nearest dumpsters. Cleaning supplies can be found in the kitchen and in the bathrooms.
- The user is responsible for turning out the lights, making sure the doors are locked, and returning the key to Campground Registration by the end of their rental time.
- Please be prepared to bring you own supplies such as dish soap, dish towels, napkins, salt & pepper, and utensils.
DAMAGE AND CLEANING
- Damage to the facility or failure to leave it clean could result in the cancellation of any remaining scheduled events. Should it be determined that you have not complied with these policies you will be assessed an additional damage/cleaning fee of at least $300.
SPACE AND EQUIPMENT
- The meeting room dimensions are 25’ x 100’.
- 15 - 6’ tables
- 5- card tables
- 150 - chairs
- 1 - microwave
- 1 - household oven
- 1 - household refrigerator
- 1 - glass top burner
- 2 - coffee pots
HOW TO RESERVE THE ACTIVITIES BUILDING
Rental Availability Calendar This calendar is a general guideline for availability Dates in green are available - pink is already reserved.
If your date is available and you would like to request a reservation, please fill out the paperwork below and return by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted for your non-refundable $100 deposit. Please note that the reservation is not confirmed until paperwork and deposit is on file. Final balance is due 60 days prior to the event date.