Check out our unique rental facility, the Education Building! This gorgeous Campground venue accommodates 50 guests, and is next to our outdoor Amphitheater. The rental includes the use of tables, chairs, and a beautiful covered deck overlooking Middle Lake. It makes the perfect location for an intimate wedding reception or a corporate meeting.
HOW TO RESERVE THE EDUCATION BUILDING
Please view the Reservation and Rental Guidelines.
Rental Availability Calendar: This calendar is a general guideline for availability. Dates in green are available - pink is booked.
If your date is available and you would like to request a reservation, please fill out the paperwork below and return by email at email@example.com. You will be contacted for your non-refundable $100 deposit. Please note that reservation is not confirmed until the paperwork and deposit is on file. The final balance is due 60 days prior to the event date.
Our event planner is available everyday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM to guide you through the rental process.
(251) 948-7275 Ext. 92099
If you are interested in using the Amphitheater for a wedding and/or reception, please refer to the Wedding page for important planning information.
- Rental fee is $205 Monday through Thursday, and $307.00 Friday through Sunday.
- The Education Building is not available for rent on major holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Years Day..
- Rental times are between 3:00PM and 10:00PM. The key may be picked up at the campground registration office no earlier than 3:00PM and must be returned immediately after the event.
- All signed paperwork must be received before a reservation is made. A non-refundable deposit of $100.00 is due at the time of the reservation. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to the scheduled event.
- If a reservation is cancelled 61 days or more before the scheduled event, any amount paid after the $100.00 non-refundable deposit will be refunded. If the the reservation is cancelled 60 days or less prior to the scheduled event, no refund will be granted.
- Equipment and supplies located in the building are the property of Gulf State Park. Please do not remove from the premises under any condition.
- NO smoking, pets, or frying allowed in the building at any time.
- Use of the audio/visual equipment located inside the Education Building is strictly prohibited unless a training session is scheduled in advance with the Nature Center staff.
- Any and all displays and materials inside the Education Building are off limits and should not be touched or moved at any point during your rental. Renter is responsible for all damage that occurs during rental time.
- Rental of the Education Building does not include rental of the Activities Building, Amphitheater, or Nature Center. No part of any of these facilities should be used or decorated during lessee’s rental time.
- Wedding permit (if applicable) is included in the venue rental.
- Renter is responsible for furniture set-up and tear-down. All chairs and tables within the Education Building must be returned to their original location.
- Decorations should be limited to tabletops or free standing. NO tape, tacks, pins, nails, or any other kind of adhesives will be used on the walls or ceilings.
- Renter is responsible for sweeping after each function. The kitchen is to be cleaned and counters wiped, and the trash removed from the building. All trash and debris will be taken to the dumpster located on the way out of the campground. Cleaning supplies can be found in the kitchen and in the bathrooms.
- Renter is responsible for turning out the lights, making sure the doors are locked, and returning the key to Campground Registration by the end of their rental time. NO supplies are provided, such as dish soap, dish towels, napkins, salt & pepper, or utensils.
- Damage to the facility or failure to leave it clean could result in the cancellation of any remaining scheduled events. Should it be determined that you have no compiled with the policies, you will be assessed an additional damage/cleaning fee of at least $300.
SPACE AND EQUIPMENT
- Rental of the facility includes the use of the (11) 5-foot round tables and (85) chairs located inside the building.
- 1 microwave
- 1 household refrigerator