Project Leave No Trace Teacher Workshop
July 18, 2019
9:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Bigfoot LNT Education Pavilion
Building connections to the natural world through outdoor recreation, land ethics, science, and experiences.
What is Project Leave No Trace?
* Interdisciplinary, integrative, hands-on and activity-based
* Conservation, stewardship, and ecology
* Fun for students and instructors, indoors or out
Wilderness is a place filled with countless valuable resources from trees, to water, to clean air. There is one more vital resource; recreation. The wilderness is a place to go, to explore, to make discoveries, to make memories and so much more. LNT facilitators will teach you how to use the Project LNT Workshop Guides (which are included) and the fun of incorporating these lessons into your classroom, homeschool program, scout program, or church class. This is for EVERYbody who enjoys teaching environmental education.
* Professional Learning Units Available through Jacksonville State University ( 4 PD hours).
* Receive educational materials and resources to help you make your lessons a success!
* Network with natural resource professionals and other educators.
Mandy Pearson, Cheaha State Park/ LNT Master Educator
Skip Essman LNT Master Educator
Rob Pinkston LNT Trainer
Workshop Registration Fees (include resource materials)
Full Registration -- $40.00 per person(lunch included)
PARK ADVENTURE PACKAGES AND PRICES INCLUDING OVERNIGHT LODGING AND MEAL OPTIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
Contact Mandy Pearson to register at Mandy.Pearson@dcnr.alabama.gov or call 256-488-5115 x 2814
July 18, 2019 - 9:00am to 2:00pm
2141 Bunker Loop Delta, AL 36258
256 488 5115 ext 2814