ISSUE DATE: October 24, 2018
Click here for PDF of RFP
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
QUALITY EDUCATIONAL & ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES
The State of Alabama, Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR), invites interested parties to submit proposals no later than November 21, 2018 AT 10:00 AM to provide Quality Educational & Entertainment Services as described in the Scope of Services for guests attending the Eagle Awareness Programs at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge from January 01, 2020 to December 31, 2022, with an option to renew a contract for an additional two years, subject to the approval of the Alabama Legislative Contract Review Committee.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PROPOSERS:
Firms or companies or other entities desiring to provide services, as described in the Scope of Services, shall submit proposals. All proposals may be submitted by e-mail, fax, or in a sealed package, with the due and open date, and RFP title clearly marked on the outside. If proposals are sent via e-mail or fax, they must be followed up with a mailed or hand delivered original. Submit 1 original of the proposal (clearly marked).
DCNR will accept proposals until 10:00AM November 21, 2018 AT 10:00 AM at 1157 Lodge Drive, Guntersville, Alabama 35976, or by email to Michael.Jeffreys@dcnr.alabama.gov, or by fax to 256-571-9043.
Respondents are cautioned that they are responsible for delivery to the specific location cited above. Therefore, if your bid, proposal or quotation is delivered by an express mail carrier or by any other means, it is your responsibility to ensure delivery to the above address. This office will not be responsible for deliveries made to any place other than the specified address.
NOTICE TO PROPOSERS:
To ensure that your proposal is responsive, you are urged to request clarification or guidance on any issues involving this solicitation before submission of your response. Your point-of-contact for this solicitation is Michael Jeffreys, Park Superintendent:
All questions or concerns regarding this RFP must be submitted in writing or by email no later than November 21, 2018 AT 10:00 AM DCNR may issue an addendum to the RFP for distribution to all known prospective Proposers. No oral interpretation of this RFP shall be considered binding. DNCR shall be bound by information and statements only when such statements are written and executed under the authority of DCNR.
- Must be able to provide the services described in the “Scopes of Services” below.
- Must have the capacity and capability to handle multiple events.
- Must be able to provide single source detailed billing (i.e., billing, time sheets, etc.).
- Must be able to provide regular reports at intervals determined by DCNR of tasks and other activities performed by the individual/organization to document the services performed.
- Personnel must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- The Respondent will be qualified with the Secretary of State to conduct business in the State of Alabama, if selected. For more information, visit the Secretary of State website at www.sos.alabama.gov and click “Corporations.”
- Respondent will be required to enroll in E-Verify and provide the E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding upon completion of enrollment.
- The Respondent has a policy and practice of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination based on age, race, creed, genetic information, veteran status, disability and/or gender.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE FIRM:
- Provide documentation illustrating 5 plus years in protecting raptors and their habitat by supporting and conducting raptor and environmental recovery and education programs.
- Provide brief description to include years of experience for all staff members who will be conducting the educational program.
- Provide presentational staff hours and necessary requirements to handle birds of prey in a controlled educational environment.
- Provide cost for services.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
The selected firm will be expected to provide quality educational and entertaining programs relative to raptors from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2022, at Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge during annual “Eagle Awareness” Programs and similar educational programs throughout the year, with an option to renew a contract for an additional two years, subject to the approval of the Alabama Legislative Contract Review Committee.
- Selected firm will need to illustrate how to identify raptors and their role in the ecosystem, the laws that protect them, how to help them when they are injured, and how to get involved in protecting them.
- The program will include an array of live raptors for an up close and personnel experience for guest enjoyment.
All responses received will be subject to the Alabama Open Records Act, Ala. Code § 36-12-40, (1975), as amended, and may be subject to public disclosure upon request. The Open Records Act is remedial and should therefore be liberally construed in favor of the public. The Alabama Trade Secrets Act is Ala. Code §§8-27-1 to 8-27-6, (1975), as amended. Responders are cautioned to be familiar with these statutes. The burden is on the one asserting the trade secret to show that the information sought to be protected meets the definition of a trade secret as defined in the Act.
Any RFP response submitted that contains confidential, trade secrets, or proprietary commercial information must be conspicuously marked on the outside as containing confidential information, and each page upon which confidential information appears must be conspicuously marked as such. Identification of the entire bid proposal as confidential is not acceptable unless the Respondent enumerates the specific grounds or applicable laws which support treatment of the entire material as protected from disclosure according to the foregoing statutes or other applicable Alabama law.
The owner of the confidential information shall indemnify and hold the State of Alabama, DCNR, and DCNR’s staff harmless from all costs or expenses including, but not limited to, attorney fees and expenses related to litigation concerning disclosure of said information and documents.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. DCNR reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals, with or without cause, to waive technicalities, or to accept the proposal which, in its sole judgment, best serves the interest of DCNR, or to award a contract to the next most qualified Proposer if a successful Proposer does not execute a contract within five (5) days after approval of the selection by DCNR. DCNR reserves the right, and has absolute and sole discretion, to cancel a solicitation at any time prior to approval of the award by DCNR.
2. DCNR reserves the right to request clarification of information submitted and to request additional information of one or more applicants.
3. Any proposal may be withdrawn until the date and time set above for the submission of the proposals. Any proposals not so withdrawn shall constitute an irrevocable offer to provide to DCNR the services set forth in this RFP until one or more of the proposals have been awarded.
4. Costs of preparation of a response to this RFP are solely those of the Proposers. DCNR assumes no responsibility for any such costs incurred by the Proposer. The Proposer also agrees that DCNR bears no responsibility for any costs associated with any administrative or judicial proceedings resulting from the solicitation process.
5. The Respondent awarded this contract shall maintain adequate records to justify all charges, expenses, and costs incurred in estimating and performing the work for at least (3) years after completion of the contract resulting from this RFP. DCNR shall have access to all records, documents and information collected and/or maintained by others in the course of the administration of the agreement. This information shall be made accessible at the awardee’s place of business to DCNR, including the Comptroller’s Office and/or its designees, for purposes of inspection, reproduction and audit without restriction.