We are proud to be recognized by tripadvisor as a Certificate of
Monte Sano, Spanish for “Mountain of Health,” rises more than 1,600 feet above sea level. The mountain has attracted visitors since the mid 1820’s with the establishment of the town of Viduta, a derivative of the Spanish word “Vida,” meaning life. Viduta was home to a sanatorium and a hotel resort, Hotel Monte Sano, which opened its doors in 1887 and closed in the early 1900s due to a declining economy.
For Reservations and Information Call:
- Cabins & Pavilion Rentals: 256-534-3757
- Campground & Country Store: 256-534-6589
- Weddings and Events: 256-534-3757, Fax: 256-539-7069
Become a Fan on our Facebook page
Please use Map Quest, call the office for directions, or use the Directions below as a guide:
- From I-565 take exit 17b Govenors Drive
- Follow to top of mountain and turn left on Monte Sano Blvd.
- Go 2.5 miles and turn right on Nolen Avenue.
- Follow it 1 mile until you arrive at the park.
Day Use Fee Rates
Weekends and Holidays:
$3 for Adults and Children (6-61)
$1 for seniors(62 and older)
$2 for Adults and Children (6-61)
$1 for Seniors(62 and older)
Children 5 and under are free
- Email: email@example.com
The staff at Monte Sano State Park would like to personally invite you to come and visit the park we take such great pride in promoting.
Tour Monte Sano State Park
Monte Sano State Park is known as the park that spans from the stone age to the space age.
Watch the Video
Outdoor Alabama Magazine Profile