Despite our best efforts, due to weather and other items out of our control, the pool will not re-open this season.
Lodge Swimming Pool
Our lodge has an olympic size pool available to all over night guests. This pool has a view like no other, filled with cold mountain spring water..... you will feel the heat of summer leave you!
Day visitors to Cheaha State Park must use Cheaha Lake to swim and pay day use fee.
The pool is open 8:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. beginning on Memorial Day, and ending on Labor Day. (After Labor Day guests can use the lake for swimming) The swimming pool is located across the street from the Lodge, and next to the restaurant. Guests must provide their own beach towels. The shallow end of our pool is 3-ft, and the deepest end is 9-ft deep. Our pool has a view that will take your breath away! The cool mountain water on a hot summer day is the perfect way to relax and enjoy the nature surrounding you. Please bring your beach towel. The park does not supply beach towels.
Take a swim and cool down in Cheaha Lake. Surround yourself in its cold mountain water. Relax on the beach and watch the kids have fun in the sun. This 6-acre man made lake (hand dug by the Civilian Conservation Corp) has its own playground, beach, diving platform and paddle boats. The swimming area generally opens for swimming and boating on Memorial Day weekend.
(The bath house closes in September.) Guests must provide their own beach towels.
Entrance fee will be charged for all day use guests.
- Paddle Boats: $5 for 30 minutes (4 person boat capacity) Unavailable November – April
- Jon Boat: $10 for 4 hours (3 person boat capacity)
- Life jackets are required to be worn by persons 12 years old and younger. An adult must accompany children under 12.
- No boats are allowed in swimming or beach areas.
- Refreshment can be purchased at the Country Store. Picnics can be ordered and picked up at Cheaha Restaurant.