PLEASE NOTE: Adjusted Pool Hours – Beginning Friday, August 5, 2022 the pool will be CLOSED Monday – Friday and will be OPEN Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm.
DeSoto's Olympic-size pool is fun for the whole family complete with a diving board and ADA-lift. The pool is located close to DeSoto State Park's picnic area and within 1/2 mile of the Country Store & Information Center. Changing rooms are located at the pool. The pool has lounge chairs & a small deck with tables located near the pool.
(Open for the season Memorial Day Weekend 2022- Labor Day Weekend 2022)
Pool Hours: 11:00 to 6:00
- PLEASE NOTE: Adjusted Pool Hours – Beginning Friday, August 5, 2022 the pool will be CLOSED Monday – Friday and will be OPEN Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm.
- $5 per swimmer-cash or cards
- Individual and Family Season Pool Passes Available
- Free swimming 5:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Complementary Access for Lodge & Improved Campground Guests
- Lifeguards on duty
- No refunds or rainchecks
- Pool may close due to bad weather, mechanical problems, or minimum occupancy.
- Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Season Pool Passes
Individual Pools Pass - $88
Family Pool Pass - $198 for up to six family members
Call 256-845-0051 or download application here
After-Hours Pool Party
Party hours are 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
One lifeguard is provided--Up to 25 people
Additional lifeguards are $28.00 each
To check date availability for your pool party, email Amanda.Kennamer@dcnr.alabama.gov
Swimming the West Fork of Little River
DeSoto State Park
Swimming & Wading is allowed in Laurel Creek and in the West Fork of Little River, which runs through DeSoto State Park. Little River is accessed by the yellow trail in DeSoto State Park (DeSoto Scout Trail)-Water Level varies widely, low especially in the Summer. No Lifeguard--swim at your own risk.
Swimming at DeSoto Falls Picnic Area
Can swim above A. A. Miller Dam, in the West Fork of Little River (above DeSoto Falls near Mentone, Alabama) The DeSoto Falls Picnic Area is located 7 miles from the main park area. No lifeguard--swim at your own risk. Kayak Rentals are also available in this area at the Miller's Bend Paddle Shack.