ISSUE DATE: November 18, 2019
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES
The State of Alabama, Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR), invites interested parties to submit proposals no later than December 3, 2019 by 10 AM to provide Quality Entertainment Services, as described in the Scope of Services, for business generated entertainment venues at Lake Guntersville State Park, Buck’s Pocket State Park and/or Desoto State Park (all three parks or a combination thereof) from December 15th, 2019 through January 14, 2022. At DCNR’s discretion, the resulting contract, if any, may be renewed for an additional 2 years through January 14th, 2024, subject to the approval of the Alabama Legislative Contract Review Committee.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO PROPOSERS:
Firms, companies, or other entities desiring to provide services as described in the Scope of Services shall submit proposals to be considered. All proposals may be submitted by e-mail, fax, or in a sealed package, with the due and open date, and RFP title clearly marked on the outside. If proposals are sent via e-mail or fax, they must be followed up with a mailed or hand delivered original. Submit 1 Original of the proposal (clearly marked).
DCNR will accept Proposals until 10:00AM December 3, 2019 to 1187 Lodge Dr. Guntersville, Alabama 35976 or by email to Michael.Jeffreys@dcnr.alabama.gov or by fax to at 256-256-9043.
Respondents are cautioned that they are responsible for delivery to the specific location cited above. Therefore, if your bid, proposal, or quotation is delivered by an express mail carrier or by any other means, it is your responsibility to ensure delivery to the above address.
This office will not be responsible for deliveries made to any place other than the specified address.
- NOTICE TO PROPOSERS:
Questions seeking information and clarification about this solicitation must be made in writing and submitted via electronic-mail message to the designated contact:
Michael Jeffreys, N.E. District Superintendent
All questions or concerns regarding this RFP must be submitted by email no later than, November 20th, 2019 at 10:00 AM.
DCNR may issue an addendum to the RFP for distribution to known prospective proposers.
No oral interpretation of this RFP shall be considered binding. DNCR shall be bound by information and statements only when such statements are written and executed under the authority of DCNR.
- GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to provide the services described in the “Scope of Services” below.
Must have the capacity and capability to handle multiple events.
Must be able to provide single source detailed billing (i.e., billing, time sheets, etc.).
Must be able to provide regular reports at intervals determined by DCNR of tasks and other activities performed by the individual/organization to document the services performed.
Personnel must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
Respondent will be qualified with the Secretary of State to conduct business in the State of Alabama, if selected. For more information, visit the Secretary of State website at www.sos.alabama.gov and click “Corporations.”
Respondent will be required to enroll in E-Verify and provide the E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding upon completion of enrollment and prior to award of contract.
Respondent has a policy and practice of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability.
- QUALIFICATIONS OF THE FIRM:
Provide documentation illustrating resume of at least 5 years’ experience.
Provide brief description to include years of experience in comparable entertainment and options of services.
Provide reviews of the entertainment services offered, and cost for each service.
Provide the amount of time required for notice prior to a scheduled event.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES:
The selected firm(s) will be expected to provide quality entertainment programs including live and recorded music (DJ services, live bands, acoustic acts), as well as other types of entertainment, including but not limited to, movies in the park, karaoke, photo booths, etc.
Other entertainment examples for scheduled events on property include, but are not limited to: movie services, educational gatherings, inflatables, show choirs, show bands, dance performances, concerts, skits, etc.
Services will be provided from December 15th, 2019 to January 15th, 2022 during scheduled tourism events and similar educational programs throughout the year at Lake Guntersville State Park, Buck’s Pocket State Park, and Desoto State Park.
- PUBLIC INFORMATION:
All responses received will be subject to the Alabama Open Records Act, Ala. Code § 36-12-40, (1975), as amended, and may be subject to public disclosure upon request. Responders are cautioned to be familiar with the Alabama Open Records Act and with the Alabama Trade Secrets Act is Ala. Code §§8-27-1 to 8-27-6, (1975), as amended. The burden is on the one asserting the trade secret to show that the information sought to be protected meets the definition of a Trade Secret as defined in the Act.
Any RFP response submitted that contains confidential information, trade secrets, or proprietary commercial information must be conspicuously marked on the outside as containing confidential information, and each page upon which confidential information appears must be conspicuously marked as such. Identification of the entire bid proposal as confidential is not acceptable unless the Respondent enumerates the specific grounds or applicable laws which support treatment of the entire material as protected from disclosure according to the foregoing statutes or other applicable Alabama law.
The owner of the confidential information shall indemnify and hold the State of Alabama, DCNR, and DCNR’s staff harmless from all costs or expenses including, but not limited to, attorney fees and expenses related to litigation concerning disclosure of said information and documents.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
General Terms and Conditions provided by the Alabama Department of Finance through the STAARS Purchasing System are hereby incorporated into this RFP by reference.
1. DCNR reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals, with or without cause, to waive technicalities, or to accept the proposal which, in its sole judgment, best serves the interests of DCNR, or to award a contract to the next most qualified proposers if a successful proposer does not execute a contract within five (5) days after approval of the selection by DCNR. DCNR reserves the right, and has absolute and sole discretion, to cancel a solicitation at any time. DCNR anticipates awarding a contract to the most responsible, substantially compliant, and lowest-priced Vendor. However, DCNR reserves the right to award the contract to a Vendor other than the lowest-priced Vendor if a higher-priced proposal provides the best value as determined by DCNR.
2. DCNR further reserves the right to cancel this RFP, reject any or all proposals, to reject individual proposals for failure to meet any requirement; to award by item, part or portion of an item, group of items, or total; and to waive minor defects and/or seek additional proposals. DCNR also reserves the right to award one or more professional service contracts that DCNR determines to be in the best interests of DCNR.
3. DCNR reserves the right to request clarification of information submitted and to request additional information of one or more applicants.
4. Submission of a proposal confers on Vendor no right to a selection or to a subsequent contract. This process is only for the benefit of DCNR and is to provide DCNR with competitive information to assist in the selection process. All decisions on compliance, evaluation, terms, and conditions will be made solely at the discretion of DCNR.
5. Any proposal may be withdrawn until the date and time set above for the submission of the proposals. Any proposals not so withdrawn shall constitute an irrevocable offer to provide to DCNR the services set forth in this RFP until one or more of the proposals have been awarded.
6. Costs of preparation of a response to this request for proposals are solely those of the respondents. DCNR assumes no responsibility for any such costs incurred by the respondent. The respondent also agrees that DCNR bears no responsibility for any costs associated with any administrative or judicial proceedings resulting from the solicitation process.
7. The respondent/s awarded this contract shall maintain adequate records to justify all charges, expenses, and costs incurred in estimating and performing the work for at least three (3) years after completion of the contract resulting from this RFP. DCNR shall have access to all records, documents and information collected and/or maintained by others in the course of the administration of the agreement. This information shall be made accessible at the awardees place of business to DCNR, including the Comptroller’s Office and/or its designees, for purposes of inspection, reproduction, and audit without restriction.
8. Any contract related to this proposed project is subject to the availability of funds and/or the needs of the DCNR and therefore the DCNR, at its discretion, may or may not issue a final contract as a result of this RFP.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS: The Vendor must, in performance of work under the contract, fully comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations that may affect the work. If subcontracting is permitted the Professional Service Provider is responsible for compliance with these laws by its subcontractors. The Professional Service Provider is assumed to be familiar with all federal, State and local laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations that may affect the work.
10. GOVERNING LAW; SOVEREIGN IMMUNITY; VENUE: This RFP and related matters shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the substantive and adjective laws of the State of Alabama, including but not limited to the State’s right of immunity from suit as provided