Welcome To Bladon Springs State Park
Our 357 acre park has ten campsites with 30-amp full hook up, primitive camping and
three pavilions available for rental. The park is within a few miles of the Choctaw National
Wildlife Refuge and is available for licensed hunters to hunt during season
Centering around four mineral springs, this 357-acre park in Choctaw County in southwest Alabama provides modern campsites, shelters, tables and grills for daytime and nighttime family outings. The Park is located one mile north of Bladon Springs in southwest Alabama. Visit the Choctaw National Wildlife Rescue at http://www.fws.gov/choctaw/.
Opened as a spa in 1838, guests travelled from all over the country to benefit from the "curing" properties of the mineral springs containing sulfur, iron, magnesium, and calcium. A grand Greek Revival style mansion large enough to accommodate 200 people was built in 1846, making it one of the largest wooden hotels built in Alabama.
The "health" resort which gained the nickname "Saratoga of the South," stayed open through the Civil War until it closed after the turn of the century when the novelty of mineral springs wore off. The state purchased the property in 1934.
Child (under 13): $0.25
email address: email@example.com