Thank you for choosing Alabama State Parks for your next adventure!
Already know what you're looking for? Click on the links below to reach specific reservation options:
- Online Campground Reservations - (Primitive Sites are for tents only.)
- Online Eagle Cottage Reservations
- Online Cabin Reservations
- Online Lodge Reservations
Reservationists can be reached by phone at (251) 948-7275 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Online Reservation steps: Follow this link.
(All reservations for January, February and March will have to be made by phone.)
- Select preferred location within the campground. *Only ONE camping unit per site.*
- The reservation system will show you which sites are available (in green) and which sites are already booked (red).
- If you are unable to find a site for all of the preferred dates, try modifying the dates.
*See Below for additional reservations*
MONTHLY BOOKING FOR NOVEMBER 2024 - MARCH 2025
To serve you most efficiently and safely, we will be utilizing the same system this year for monthly reservations for November 2023 through March 2024. The monthly reservation request form will be available on our website at 8am central time on November 15. Please read the full details below.
Any camper who desires to make a monthly booking for any month(s) November 2023 through March 2024 must complete the Monthly Booking Request Form which will be posted on the Gulf State Park website at 8am on November 15, 2023. The form will be available through noon on November 16, but we encourage all campers to complete the form immediately at 8am on November 15. Gulf State Park staff will then call campers back in the order the forms were submitted.
The form must be completed in its entirety. Only one form should be completed per household. To ensure that all campers are prepared to quickly complete the actual form beginning November 15, an example form will be posted on the website by November 1st. Please review the questions on the example form. Some questions require you to know which areas in the campground you prefer, so we encourage you to review the Gulf State Park Campground Map ahead of completing the form. We have simplified the form for this year so that detailed requests can be completed after the initial submission and timestamp. We appreciate specific site requests but understand providing those details can slow down the submission process. We want to ensure you have adequate time to provide details without it affecting your place in line.
The purpose of this form is to expedite the booking process and help us best serve you once speaking with you on the phone. Your responses on the request form do not guarantee your site or dates, but we encourage you to be as specific as possible when completing the form. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive and email within ten minutes confirming receipt of your form. Please refrain from calling the park to confirm receipt – there will be a support number listed after form completion in the case that you do not receive your confirmation email.
Call-backs (beginning November 15) will be made in the order the completed forms are received. You will be provided with your number in the queue, and we will provide periodic updates about our progress. We will attempt to call you at all provided phone numbers. If you do not answer, we will hold a site for you and attempt to call you daily through November 21. Please note that we cannot guarantee a site based on submitted preferences but will do our best to honor your requests with the site we place on hold. If we are unable to reach you by the close of business on November 21, we will release your site and you will need to call us beginning November 22 to make a reservation.
Please note that no phone reservations for November 2023-March 2024 monthly sites will be accepted until November 22.
Please thoroughly review the following rules for reserving monthly sites for November 2023 through March 2024. These rules are in place to help us most fairly provide advanced monthly camping reservations:
1. All monthly reservations require a $200 deposit at time of booking plus a non-refundable $5.00 reservation fee. The $200 deposit will be applied to the final month of the reservation.
2. The $200 deposit is only refundable if the reservation is cancelled by August 1, 2023.
3. No reduction in the number of months will be permitted after reservation has been made. Campers must either keep or cancel the entire reservation.
4. If a camper does not arrive by the 10th day of their booking, the reservation will be cancelled, and the site considered vacant unless the camper calls to make arrangements and pay for the month in full.
5. If a camper cancels a monthly booking, there will be a 30-day waiting period before that camper’s household can make another monthly reservation.
**Cancellations must be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org . ** Leave your name, confirmation number and the details of the cancelation. A reservationist will email you back by the next business day to confirm the cancelation.
Non-Monthly Reservations Policy -
Reservation must be cancelled 72 hours prior to the arrival date for a full refund, less the $5.00 transaction fee. No refund will be given for reservations cancelled within 72 hours of the arrival date. Refunds will not be given for inclement weather. This policy applies to standard reservations, not monthly reservations. Monthly reservations have a separate cancellation policy.
Monthly Reservation Cancelation Policy -
- All monthly reservations require a $200 deposit at time of booking plus a non-refundable $5.00 reservation fee. The $200 deposit will be applied to the final month of the reservation.
- The $200 deposit is only refundable if the reservation is cancelled by August 1, 2021.
- No reduction in the number of months will be permitted after reservation has been made. Campers must either keep or cancel the entire reservation.
- If a camper does not arrive by the 10th day of their booking, the reservation will be cancelled, and the site considered vacant unless the camper calls to make arrangements and pay for the month in full.
- If a camper cancels a monthly booking, there will be a 30-day waiting period before that camper's household can make another monthly reservation.