DeSoto State Park is the place to camp in the great outdoors! DeSoto State Park features Improved & Primitive campgrounds, with campsites located in a wooded, mountainous setting. Backpacking Campsites are an option as well.
DeSoto State Park's Primitive Campground is comprised of 18 individual wooded campsites, a wall tent site, camping cabin, and 3 large group sites. (Wall tent site, camping cabin, & group sites must be reserved separately). Each individual campsite has a fire ring and enough room for two tents. A vaulted toilet, picnic tables, grills, trashcans, a picnic shelter, and a water faucet are centrally located in the campground. Campers are allowed access to the Improved Campground (approx. 1 mile away) to use comfort stations showers, flush toilets & laundry rooms.
- The primitive area is secured by a padlocked gate; a key to the Primitive Campground gate will be issued at time of check-in.
- Turn in the issued key in at the Country Store on check-out; after hours use the key drop box outside the Country Store door.
- The access to the primitive campground is a gravel road. Parking is a short distance from each site, & most sites are considered walk-ins.
- Campsites are chosen by the individual at the time of check-in.
RATES VARY DEPENDING ON SEASON AND HOLIDAYS. CALL 256-845-5075
- A deposit of one-night's rent plus resort and transaction fees are required to hold a reservation. One-time Reservation Fee for all overnight accommodations - $5.00. 4% Resort Fee applied to each night
- Cancellation of a reservation has to be within 72 hours of arrival.
- Campsite chosen at time of check-in. Check out time: 11:00 AM
- We recommend that reservations for holiday weekends should be made at least 3 months in advance.
- Campsites are on a “first-come, first-serve” basis.
- Group sites available for large groups only, by reservations only. Group rates are for scout groups, church groups, school group, etc.
- Open-air or tent camping only-No pop-ups, vans or camper shells allowed.
- Campsites chosen at time of check-in. Please note tents must be within 20 feet of the fire pit on site.
- Please note, cell service may be spotty through-out the park, and wifi does not reach to sites in the primitive campground.
- For more information or to make a reservation by phone, please call the Country Store at 1-800-760-4089 or 1-800-ALAPARK.
- On arrival in DeSoto State Park, check in at DeSoto's Country Store & Information Center
- Country Store Hours: Open 7 Days a Week 9:00 am -5:00 pm (CST).
- For camping check-in after hours and when the Country Store is closed, stop by DeSoto State Park's Lodge or call 256.845.0051 for assistance.
Group sites available for large groups only, by reservations only. Group rates are for scout groups, church groups, school group, etc.
GROUP SITE 1 (ABOVE)
GROUP SITE 2 (ABOVE)
GROUP SITE 3 (ABOVE)
When traveling to the park, please be advised that GPS directions are NOT reliable (especially when pulling a large rig). Please see our written driving directions on the webpage Plan Your Trip.
FREE WiFi Hotspots
*Campground Comfort Stations
* Lodge Lobby
* Motel Rooms
* Park Office
* Country Store
Please note, cell service may be spotty through-out the park, and wifi does not reach to sites in the primitive campground.