Monte Sano State Park is located near Huntsville in northeast Alabama. In Spanish, Monte Sano means “Mountain of Health.” In the late 1800s, visitors from across the United States came for “the season” to experience and enjoy Monte Sano’s fresh air, spectacular views and mineral springs.
Monte Sano State Park offers 11 original Civilian Conservation Corp, CCC, stone cabins with a working fireplace and screened in porch that were built in the 1930's. Cabins sit along a bluff line with a breathtaking view of the valleys surrounding Monte Sano Mountain. Cabins feature a 600 sq. ft. studio layout with one full size bed and one twin size bed, love seat, dining table, full bath, and central heat/air included. Kitchens include microwave, refrigerator, oven, toaster, coffee maker, assorted dinnerware, cooking and eating utensils for four people. Bed linens and towels are provided in each cabin.
Additional features: Cable TV, Picnic Table and Fire Pit, and Firewood is available year around at the Camp Store for purchase at $8, price includes tax.
When booking your cabin please be aware of the following:
- Rates vary depending on the season, day of the week, and availability. Current Rates
- Cabins 7 & 8 are the only pet friendly units. A $200 cleaning fee will be assessed if a pet is housed in a non-pet friendly cabin.
- , a $200 cleaning fee will be charged if you smoke inside.
Important Reservation Details:
- Additional taxes and fees apply
- Two-night minimum on weekends
- Three-night minimum on holidays
- Reservations require a deposit.
- 72-hour cancellation notice required to receive refund for deposit OR to reschedule date, Reservation fee is non-refundable at all times
- All cabins only sleep 3 persons, we allow 4 max per fire code, extra charges will apply for more than 2 adults.
- Please be mindful our cabins are rustic and are in remote wooded areas. We do our best of maintain these older facilities and do use routine pest control services for all types of pests.