Skip to main content
Trail Recommendations for Park Visitors
- Family Oriented: Treetop Nature Trail; White Trail to Maggie’s Glen; Lake Trail
- Waterfall: Green Trail to White Trail; White Trail from Peavine Falls Parking Lot
- Quiet Spot with View: Yellow Trail or White Trail from North Trailhead to Maggie’s Glen; Yellow Trail from BMX track around lake
- Steep Climbs: Blue Trail from North Trailhead, Green Trail, Red Road from North Trailhead, White Trail headed out from Maggie’s Glen towards Peavine Falls
- Maggie’s Loop – 2 ½ miles (start at North Trailhead & take White Trail to Yellow/Red Connector to Red Road back to North Trailhead).
- North Loop – 3 ½ miles (Begin at the North Trailhead on the Red Road to the North Red/Blue Connector. Go right on Blue to the South Red/Blue Connector. Go right on Red Road back to North Trailhead.)
- Shackleford Loop – 6 ½ miles (Begin at North Trailhead on the Red Road to the North Red/Blue Connector. Go right on Blue Trail to Orange Connector. Take Orange Connector to the White Trail. Follow White Trail to North Trailhead.)
- Peavine Loop – 2 ¼ miles (Begin at Peavine Falls Parking Lot. Take White Trail to White/Blue Connector near marker 47. Take White/Blue Connector to Blue Trail. Go right on Blue Trail to White Trail. Take White Trail to Parking lot.)
- Red, White, & Green Loop – 4 miles (Beginning at Peavine Falls Parking Lot, take the White Trail to the Red Road. Follow Red Road to left to Green Trail. Follow Green Trail back to Peavine Falls Parking Lot.)
- Wildlife Loop – 1 mile (Begin along the Wildlife Center Trail at Terrace Drive to the Yellow Trail. Turn right onto the Yellow Trail and follow to the intersection of the Green. Turn right onto the Green Trail and follow back to Terrace Drive.
- Highest Points in Park: White Trail to Shackleford Point; along Blue Trail