Alabama State Parks reaped a record 18 TripAdvisor.com Certificate of Excellence Awards for 2019.
Also, a record 10 Alabama State Parks – or amenities within the parks, such as the Gulf State Park Pier – earned TripAdvisor Hall of Fame honors. In 2018, 16 Alabama State Parks received Certificates of Excellence and nine Hall of Fame awards.
“We are very proud of all of our parks that received this recognition, especially because it is based on visitors’ impressions,” said Greg Lein, Director of the Alabama State Parks Division of the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. “It’s especially exciting that our parks received four first-time Certificates of Excellence and that Cheaha State Park was inducted into their Hall of Fame after earning a certificate for the fifth straight year.”
To qualify for a Certificate of Excellence, an accommodation, restaurant or tourism experience must maintain an overall TripAdvisor rating of at least four out of five, have a set minimum number of reviews and have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months. There is no application process to receive TripAdvisor recognition. Certificate of Excellence winners for five straight years earn Hall of Fame recognition.
The Alabama State Parks (and parks attractions) honored with Certificates of Excellence this year:
- Cathedral Caverns State Park (Hall of Fame)
- Cheaha State Park (Hall of Fame)
- Cheaha State Park restaurant, Vista Cliffside (first award)
- Chewacla State Park (Hall of Fame)
- DeSoto Falls
- DeSoto State Park (Hall of Fame)
- Gulf State Park (Hall of Fame)
- Gulf State Park Campground (Hall of Fame)
- Gulf State Park Pier (Hall of Fame)
- Gulf State Park Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail
- Joe Wheeler State Park (Hall of Fame)
- Lake Guntersville State Park
- Lake Guntersville State Park Lodge
- Lakepoint Resort State Park
- Lake Lurleen State Park (first award)
- Meaher State Park
- Monte Sano State Park (Hall of Fame)
- Oak Mountain State Park (Hall of Fame)