Buck's Pocket State Park is excited to announce that on June 16th it will reopen its campground and introduce a brand new ORV(Off-Road Vehicles) trail. This will be a culmination of over 2 years of planning, development and dedication. We think these new amenities will create a family-friendly destination for campers, off-road enthusiasts and vacationers. This is an exciting time for the Alabama State Parks and our park visitors. Please follow the Buck's Pocket State Park FB page to keep up with all the current events at the park.
The campground is all new construction and features 23 campsites with 13 of those being sewer hook-up sites, 4 of those being pull-through sites and 10 of those providing water and electricity. Each of these sites features a 16' x 60' concrete camper pad, picnic table, firepit and grill. There are also 11 primitive campsites located within the interior of the campground and more planned for the future. Back country sites are also planned for the future. A bathhouse, separate ADA bathhouse and dump station are provided. Other campground amenities include:
- One ADA accessible campsite (no sewer hook-up)
- High speed WiFi within the main campground
- Pavilion in common area
HOW TO MAKE CAMPING RESERVATIONS:
- Reservations are taken within the park office (256-622-8400) during normal business hours. Reservations must be secured with payment for the first night's stay, plus taxes, and will be charged when reservations are made.
- After hours check in's can occupy an empty site and register the following day at the park office by 10 am.
- Specific campsite & type will be chosen at the time of check in.
- All charges are payable by cash or credit (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), no checks.
- Cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival for deposit refund. Not applicable on group or convention reservations. Two(2) night minimum during season (March 1 - October 31). Three (3) night minimum is required for Memorial Day, 4th July, and Labor Day.
- Minimum age to rent a site is 18. A responsible adult must check in and occupy the site during the entire reservation.
- One extra tent is allowed on a site only for children under the age of 18 yrs. There will be an additional charge of $5.00 per night plus tax for the 2nd tent.
- Limit of 8 persons per site - 2 ORV's and trailer.
The ORV trail is the first of its kind for the Alabama State Parks. This new endeavor creates an exciting new amenity for us and we look forward to learning more from the ORV community. We encourage trail users to give us feedback on the positive and negative aspects of our new trail system.
The new trail offers a unique way to discover some of Alabama’s most beautiful and rugged terrain. The ORV trail was designed to be a slow ride through beech/hardwood forest, paralleling South Sauty Creek. The trail passes through the back country campsite area and then runs towards Morgan's Cove boat ramp where it continues another 2.3 miles.
Along the 6.2 mile ORV trail, there are many opportunities for scenic views to see some of Northeast Alabama’s unique flora and fauna. In addition, there are a few locations to picnic and fish.
*Bucks' Pocket State Park will be operated and managed as a facility of Lake Guntersville State Park.