Day Use Area & Pavilions
JOE WHEELER STATE PARK DAY USE AREA IS OPEN!
Day Use Description:
Joe Wheeler Day Use Area/picnic facilities include 3 large picnic pavilions, a sandy beach swimming area, ADA accessible fishing pier, basketball and tennis courts, 18-hole disc golf course, large open playing field, and ample shoreline for bank fishing. A limited amount of recreational equipment is available for checkout. Trailheads are also located in this area with trails that wind through the park and along the shoreline. The setting for the day use area is in a cove off of the main Tennessee River. It is a very picturesque spot that offers fantastic river views. It is within walking distance of our campground.
- Adult 12+ = $5
- Children 6-11 = $2
- Seniors 62+ = $2
- $20 Carload 6+ people
- VETERANS FREE
18-Hole Disc Golf Course
- Large Shelter - $100
- Small Shelter - $50
Picnic pavilions may be reserved for your group by calling: (256) 247-5461
We accept pavilion reservations up to one year in advance.
Important Information To Note from Storm Damage:
- Some amenities within the day use area will remain closed including Pavilion #2.
- There is only ONE restroom building.
- There is limited shade available. Although tents are not permitted ON the beach, users are encouraged to bring and utilize easy-up type tents in other areas.
- Pavilion #1 and #3 are available to rent by contacting the lodge reservation desk or park office at 256-247-5461. There will NOT be electricity at these pavilions this season.
- For Sandy Beach Area: No Alcoholic Beverages, No Pets, Swim at your own Risk, No Lifeguard on Duty
We look forward to a great Summer Season at Joe Wheeler State Park!