JOE WHEELER STATE PARK DAY USE AREA IS OPEN!
After many, many months of being closed due to tornado damage, Joe Wheeler State Park Day Use Area/Sandy Beach reopened on Saturday, May 29, 2021!
Important Information To Note:
- Some amenities within the day use area will remain closed, including the Tennis/Basketball Courts and Pavilion #2.
- There is only ONE restroom building. There are porta potties located at the beach area.
- There is limited shade available. Although tents are not permitted ON the beach, users are encouraged to bring and utilize easy-up type tents in other areas.
- Pavilion #1 and #3 are available to rent by contacting the lodge reservation desk or park office at 256-247-5461. There will NOT be electricity at these pavilions this season.
- Joe Wheeler State Park will not be requiring an entrance fee to utilize the Day Use Area this season, however, donations to help continue to improve the area will be greatly appreciated.
We look forward to a great Summer Season at Joe Wheeler State Park!
You don’t have to go all the way to the coast to enjoy the sand, sun, and water. We have it here at Joe Wheeler State Park. The Beach Area is great for the kids and family. Soak up some sun rays, play in the sand, jump in the river to cool off, or have a picnic.
- No Alcoholic Beverages
- No Pets at Beach Area
- Swim at your own risk
- No Lifeguard on Duty