We are excited to announce that the new online camping reservation system is now live. Feel free to make your reservations by using the new online tool, calling the park office or simply walking in. We encourage advance reservations.
If you experience any issues with the new system, we would appreciate your feedback. Please contact a park directly for urgent issues related to a reservation. Thank you for choosing the Alabama State Parks.
Lake Guntersville State Park’s Main Campground is situated alongside Guntersville's 69,000 acre lake. The main campground includes 295 improved campsites, a primitive camping area, bathhouses (two equipped with a washer and dryer), playground and recreation area (including a splash pad), and The Campground Store. All improved campsites have water and electrical hookups, a picnic table, grill, and a fire ring; some sections also have sewer hookups. Lake Guntersville State Park also offers Town Creek Primitive Campground which provides primitive campsites (boondock camping allowed 7 night maximum) on the water, bathhouses, boat rentals, ethanol-free gas (accessible by water), and the Town Creek Fishing Center.
Rates vary by date, availability, and unit amenities. Please visit www.reservealapark.com to check rates and date availability
For monthly rates and availability please call the camp store at 256-571-5455.
Tents are not allowed on full hookup sites; however, one extra tent is allowed on a site with an RV for children under the age of 18yrs. There will be an additional charge of $5.00 per night plus tax for the 2nd tent.
A 12% Lodging tax, 0.80 cent city surcharge, and a 3.75% resort fee apply nightly. A onetime reservation fee of $5.00 will be charged to all accommodations. All rates are subject to change without notice.
Rates vary by date, availability, and unit amenities. Please visit www.reservealapark.com to check rates and date availability.
One extra tent is allowed on a site only for children under the age of 18yrs. There will be an additional charge of $5.00 per night plus tax for the 2nd tent. A 12% Lodging tax, 0.80 cent city surcharge, and a 3.75% resort fee apply nightly. A one-time reservation fee of $5.00 will be charged to all accommodations. All rates are subject to change without notice. Primitive camping is limited to 7 consecutive nights.
- Check-in is at 2:00 P.M., and check-out is at 11:00 A.M.
- Minimum age to rent a site is 18. A responsible adult must check in and occupy the site during the entire reservation.
- Limit of 8 persons per site.
- Camp sites range from 30 ft. - 60 ft. Please call the Campground Store at 256-571-5455 for campsite length and compatibility or refer to the campground map below.
- Pets are welcome and must be on a leash or line at all times.
- Three (3) night minimum is required for major holiday weekends.
- Cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival for deposit refund. Not applicable in group or convention reservations.
- Reservations must be secured with payment for the first night's stay, plus taxes, and will be charged when reservations are made.
- All charges are payable by cash or credit (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), no checks.
- Help us to better serve you by having the following ready upon your arrival: your method of payment, the make of your vehicle, and your tag number.
For more information on group reservations or campsite reservations please call 256-571-5455 or click here to email GuntersvilleStatePark.Campground@dcnr.alabama.gov