In order to better serve our guests, we have removed our “C” section from online reservations. This is due to the electrical limitations of that area as C section is intended for tents, pop-ups, and small campers. To book these sites, please give us a call at 256-571-5455 and we will be happy to confirm the specifications of the site and make a reservation for you. We appreciate your patience and support of Alabama State Parks.
Lake Guntersville State Park’s Main Campground is situated alongside Guntersville's 69,000 acre lake. The main campground includes 295 improved campsites, a primitive camping area, bathhouses (two equipped with a washer and dryer), playground and recreation area (including a splash pad), and The Campground Store. All improved campsites have water and electrical hookups, a picnic table, grill, and a fire ring; some sections also have sewer hookups. Lake Guntersville State Park also offers Town Creek Primitive Campground which provides primitive campsites (boondock camping allowed 7 night maximum) on the water, bathhouses, boat rentals, ethanol-free gas (accessible by water), and the Town Creek Fishing Center.
Rates vary by date, availability, and unit amenities. Please visit www.reservealapark.com to check rates and date availability or call the camp store at 256-571-5455.
Tents are not allowed on full hookup sites; however, one extra tent is allowed on a site with an RV for children under the age of 18yrs. There will be an additional charge of $5 per night plus tax for the 2nd tent. A 12% lodging tax, 0.80 cent city surcharge, and a 3.75% resort fee apply nightly. A onetime reservation fee of $5.00 will be charged to all accommodations. All rates are subject to change without notice.
Rates vary by date, availability, and unit amenities. Please visit www.reservealapark.com to check rates and date availability. One extra tent is allowed on a site for only children under the age of 18yrs. There will be an additional charge of $5 per night plus tax for the 2nd tent. A 12% lodging tax, 0.80 cent city surcharge, and a 3.75% resort fee apply nightly. A onetime reservation fee $5.00 will be charged to all accommodations. All rates are subject to change without notice.
- Check-in is at 2:00 P.M., and check-out is at 11:00 A.M.
- Minimum age to rent a site is 18. A responsible adult must check in and occupy the site during the entire reservation.
- Limit of 8 persons per site.
- Camp sites range from 30 ft. - 60 ft. Please call the Campground Store at 256-571-5455 for campsite length and compatibility or refer to the campground map below.
- Pets are welcome and must be on a leash or line at all times.
- Three (3) night minimum is required for major holiday weekends.
- Cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival for deposit refund. Not applicable in group or convention reservations.
- Reservations must be secured with payment for the first night's stay, plus taxes, and will be charged when reservations are made.
- All charges are payable by cash or credit (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), no checks.
- Help us to better serve you by having the following ready upon your arrival: your method of payment and drivers license.
For more information on group or campsite reservations please call 256-571-5455 or email GuntersvilleStatePark.Campground@dcnr.alabama.gov