Calling all teachers! Plan a fieldtrip to Oak Mountain State Park!
Options for fieldtrips are as follows:
- Scales and Tails (Reptiles, Amphibians, and a Red-tailed Hawk)
- Discover Reptiles (Reptiles Only)
- Discover Birds of Prey (Tour of the Treetop Nature Trail Birds of Prey)
- Amphibians and the Vernal Pool (December through March only)
- Mammals (Skulls, scat, fur, and tracks)
- Creek Kids (Water activity with lesson on macroinvertebrates)
- Birding 101 (How to be a better birder)
- Farm life (Demonstration farm)
- Nature art (Tree Ring Printing, Nature Weaving, or Painted Talking Sticks)
- Adventure Hikes (Hands-on exploring)
- Native American Life to the CCC (Artifacts and history of OMSP)
Choose one or a few of the options for a day filled with adventure!
Call 205.620.2520 or email Lauren.Muncher@dcnr.alabama.gov to inquire about your options for scheduling a field trip to Oak Mountain State Park! Please request one month in advance. Fieldtrips and most educational events are FREE with entrance into Oak Mountain State Park.