Calling all teachers! Plan a fieldtrip to Oak Mountain State Park!
We offer educational opportunities for all ages and walks of life!
Options for fieldtrip programs are as follows:
- Scales and Tails (Reptiles, Amphibians, and a Red-tailed Hawk)
- Discover Reptiles (Reptiles Only)
- Snakes 101 (Snakes only)
- Discover Birds of Prey (Tour of the Treetop Nature Trail Birds of Prey)
- Amphibians and the Vernal Pool (December through March only)
- Mammals (Skulls, scat, fur, and tracks)
- Creek Kids (Water activity with lesson on macroinvertebrates)
- Birding 101 (How to be a better birder)
- Farm life (Demonstration farm)
- Nature art (Tree Ring Printing, Nature Weaving, or Painted Talking Sticks)
- Adventure Hikes (Hands-on exploring)
- Native American Life to the CCC (Artifacts and history of OMSP)
Choose one or a few of the options for a day filled with adventure!
Email Park Naturalist, Lauren.Muncher@dcnr.alabama.gov to inquire about your options for scheduling a field trip to Oak Mountain State Park! Please request at least one month in advance. Fieldtrips and most educational events are Free with entrance for each participant into Oak Mountain State Park.