Fairy Houses in the Forest!
“Every moment spent in nature is a Once Upon a Time moment!”
-Renee S. Raney, author of Hairy, Scary but Mostly Merry: Fairies! Curing Nature Deficiency through Folklore, Imagination, and Creative Activities
Explore the magical world of fairy houses at OMSP! Build your own fairy house with park interpreters in the Enchanted Garden!
Where: Oak Mountain Enchanted Garden at the Oak Mountain Interpretive Center
Time: 1pm – 2pm
*We encourage you to bring materials from your home/yard for your Fairy House “enhancements”. The list below details approved building materials!
Approved "Building" Materials:
- Fresh flowers
- Dried flowers
- Pine cones of assorted sizes and shapes
- Lichens and lichen covered sticks
- Sticks of assorted sizes and shapes
- Tree bark (some of you may have river birch trees or a fallen log where you can collect)
- Acorns/Acorn caps
- Natural clay
- Small stones
- Moss (either harvested off private property or purchased at Hobby Lobby)
- Any other littles natural item you find that you would like to include in your Fairy House!!
**Please no glitter or plastic- fairies are allergic to these things (and a sneeze can crumple fairy wings)!**
No pets please! Stroller and wheelchair accessible!
FREE with paid park admission and for overnight guests.
Park Gate Fees:
$5 ages 12+
$2 ages 4-11
$2 ages 62+
Free ages 3- and veterans