RV and Primitive Campground
ATTN: Bathhouses 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 11 are closed for a complete renovation of the facilities. This closure is until further notice.
Severe Weather on April 10th, 2021
After an intense hail storm, along with severe rain and wind, there has been minor damage around the Park.
An initial assessment has been done of the Campground's Camper Storage area via drone. A majority of the campers in storage have suffered damage in some way, from skylight glass to A/C unit damage.
We are asking all individuals with campers in storage to email firstname.lastname@example.org and please make arrangements to come assess your camper or send a representative.
We are excited to announce that the new online camping reservation system is now live. Feel free to make your reservations by using the new online tool, calling the park office or simply walking in. We encourage advance reservations. Please keep in mind this online reservation system is new. If you experience any issues we would appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing the Alabama State Parks.
Welcome to Gulf State Park Campground
Located 1.5 miles from the white sand beaches, Gulf State Park Campground offers 496 improved full - hookup campsites with paved pads and with 11 primitive sites. Tents are welcome on all sites.
All full hookup camping pads are large enough for RVs with pullouts and have picnic tables, pedestal grill tops (no fire rings yet but you are welcome to bring your own that are above ground). There are 11 modern, air-conditioned bathhouses throughout the Campground.
- 11 bathouses (6 of these are currently being renovated)
- Laundry facilities
- Access to trails that connect to all 28 miles of trails
- Campstore with food, firewood, camping supplies, souvenirs, bike rentals and more for sale
- Nature Center with native flora and fauna displays and ongoing weekly activities
- Swimming pool with splash pad
- Tennis/pickle ball courts
- Horseshoe courts
- Volleyball courts
***ATTN: We are happy to announce that some of our bathhouses at the Campground are getting a much needed upgrade! Bathhouses 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, and 11 will be closed starting on July 1, 2020 for a complete renovation of the facilities. This will be a great improvement for our guests at the Campground!
For faster service please try online first. The system does go down occasionally so please feel free to call us at (251) 948-7275 ext 1 from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
We have camper storage for $50 per month. Please email email@example.com for more info.
- Waverunners and jet skis are not allowed in Gulf State Park Lake Shelby for safety reasons.
- Firewood: Buy it where you burn it. Leave firewood at home. Transporting firewood can bring invasive insects to our delicate forest. Please do not bring firewood with you.
- Gulf State Park is home to many types of wildlife, including alligators. Please be aware at all times. For detailed information, please see our Wildlife Safety recommendations.