RV and Primitive Campground
Gulf State Park Campground
Located 1.5 miles from the white sand beaches, Gulf State Park Campground offers 496 improved full - hookup campsites with paved pads and with 11 primitive sites. Tents are welcome on all sites.
All full hookup camping pads are at least ~45' (most back-ins) to ~65' (most pull-thrus) long with more than enough room for RVs with pullouts, have picnic tables, and pedestal grill tops (no fire rings yet but you are welcome to bring your own that are above ground). There are 11 modern, air-conditioned bathhouses throughout the Campground.
- 11 bathhouses
- Laundry facilities
- Access to trails that connect to all 28 miles of trails
- Campstore with food, firewood, camping supplies, souvenirs, bike rentals and more for sale
- Nature Center with native flora and fauna displays and ongoing weekly activities
- Swimming pool with splash pad
- Tennis/pickle ball courts
- Horseshoe courts
- Volleyball courts
We're fine-tuning our brand-new reservation system to ensure it's calibrated just right, so we can provide you with a seamless experience and prevent any unnecessary hassle. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we navigate through this process.
For faster service please try online first which you can do 24/7. The system does go down occasionally so please feel free to call us at (251) 948-7275 ext 1 from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
We are happy to announce that all of our bathhouses in the Campground have received a much needed upgrade!
- Waverunners and jet skis are not allowed in Gulf State Park Lake Shelby for safety reasons.
- Firewood: Buy it where you burn it. Leave firewood at home. Transporting firewood can bring invasive insects to our delicate forest. Please do not bring firewood with you.
- Gulf State Park is home to many types of wildlife, including alligators. Please be aware at all times. For detailed information, please see our Wildlife Safety recommendations.