RV and Primitive Campground
ATTN: Bathhouses 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, and 11 are closed for a complete renovation of the facilities. This closure is until further notice. (See pictures below.)
For the latest information on Monthly Reservations for November 2022 - March 2023: On a computer, scroll to the top of this page and click on Park Reservations. On a phone, scroll down to click on Park Reservations.
Welcome to Gulf State Park Campground
Additional Short-Term Sites open for November and December!
We have a few monthly campsites that were not reserved for November and December. We are going to open these sites for short-term rentals. If you are interested in visiting Gulf during this time, please make your reservation on-line or call our reservationist at 251-948-7275. Site rentals are first-come, first-serve. We look forward to your visit!
Located 1.5 miles from the white sand beaches, Gulf State Park Campground offers 496 improved full - hookup campsites with paved pads and with 11 primitive sites. Tents are welcome on all sites.
All full hookup camping pads are large enough for RVs with pullouts and have picnic tables, pedestal grill tops (no fire rings yet but you are welcome to bring your own that are above ground). There are 11 modern, air-conditioned bathhouses throughout the Campground.
- 11 bathouses (6 of these are currently being renovated)
- Laundry facilities
- Access to trails that connect to all 28 miles of trails
- Campstore with food, firewood, camping supplies, souvenirs, bike rentals and more for sale
- Nature Center with native flora and fauna displays and ongoing weekly activities
- Swimming pool with splash pad
- Tennis/pickle ball courts
- Horseshoe courts
- Volleyball courts
***ATTN: We are happy to announce that some of our bathhouses at the Campground are getting a much needed upgrade! Bathhouses 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, and 11 are closed for a complete renovation of the facilities and are almost finished! Once complete, we will begin working on the remaining bathhouses (3, 4, 7, 8, & 10.) This will be a great improvement for our guests at the Campground!
We have camper storage for $50 per month. Please email email@example.com for more info.
- Waverunners and jet skis are not allowed in Gulf State Park Lake Shelby for safety reasons.
- Firewood: Buy it where you burn it. Leave firewood at home. Transporting firewood can bring invasive insects to our delicate forest. Please do not bring firewood with you.
- Gulf State Park is home to many types of wildlife, including alligators. Please be aware at all times. For detailed information, please see our Wildlife Safety recommendations.