Gulf State Park's beautiful Beach Pavilion is a great place for you to enjoy a day at the beach! This facility is equipped with a seasonal concession stand, climate-controlled bathrooms with showers, accessible ramps, and picnic tables. The facility is open for public use during normal operating hours.
No fire (except in fireplace when rented).
No glass is allowed in the parking lot, under the Beach Pavilion, or on the beach.
Public Hours of Operation:
5:00 AM to Sunset
7 days a week
Parking at the Beach Pavilion
Parking Pay Stations (Kiosks) are located throughout the parking lot and at the boardwalks. These Kiosks will accept cash and credit cards, however, they do not issue change.
$5.00 for 4 hours.
$10.00 for all day.
Passenger Van $13.00
$60.00 for Annual Pass (Purchase at Park Office Headquarters)
Veteran - Free (See Beach Pavilion Attendant or pick up an annual pass at Park Office Headquarters)
Lodging Guest - Free
Before heading out to the beach, put the printed pass or receipt on the dashboard of your car.
Commercial Photographers must purchase an annual permit for $100 to use the Beach Pavilion as a venue.
Caterers, entertainers, disk jockeys, etc. contracted by wedding or event planners must purchase a vendor permit for $40.
HOW TO RESERVE THE BEACH PAVILION
Please view the Reservation and Rental Guidelines.
Rental Availability Calendar: This calendar is a general guideline for availability. Dates in green are available - pink is booked.
If your date is available and you would like to request a reservation, please fill out the paperwork below and return by email at email@example.com. You will be contacted for your non-refundable $100 deposit. Please note that reservation is not confirmed until the paperwork and deposit is on file. The final balance is due 60 days prior to the event date.
Our event planner is available everyday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM to guide you through the rental process.
(251) 948-7275 Ext. 92099
Absolutely no outside alcohol is allowed to be brought in.
If you would like alcohol at your event you must contact Fred Peninger 251-978-6922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in using the Beach Pavilion for a wedding and/or reception, please refer to the Wedding page for important information on wedding permits, beach access points, approved wedding planners, and more.
Off Peak Season (November 1st - March 31st) = $400
Peak Season (April 1st through October 31st) = $700
The Beach Pavilion is not available for rent on major holidays.
Rental times are between 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM, unless arrangements for a $100 late stay until 1:00AM are made.
Parking fees are included in the rental fee. Guests should place invitations on dashboards.
An additional fee of up to $300 will be charged for failure to comply fully with the user responsibilities as listed below.
- This is a public facility; therefore the Beach Pavilion and surrounding area will be open to the public from 7:00 AM until sunset. Set up may begin at 3:00 PM provided it does not disrupt the general public or other Park events being held before your rental time.
- The general public has access to the lower level (west of the fireplace), handicap ramp along the north side of the pavilion, and restrooms even during event rental times.
- A beach wedding permit (if applicable) is included in the venue rental.
- If you wish to use the fireplace, there will be an additional $50 charge. You must provide your own firewood. We will clean up the ashes after the event.
- Supplies located at the Beach Pavilion is the property of Gulf State Park, and should not be removed from the premises. All trash cans and picnic tables should be returned to their proper places.
- A unisex restroom is available for use during the rental hours. The Beach Pavilion staff will have the key. Please notify the attendant upon check-in if you need access to this restroom.
- The Beach Pavilion will not be rented on major holidays or during special events. (Holidays include Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve).
- NO fires, fireworks of any kind, drones, glass containers, motorized vehicles, foot traffic in the sand dunes, or pets are allowed at the Beach Pavilion property or beach front.
- You may use a grill and/or boil in the designated approved space. NO frying.
- If choosing to use an outside vendor, a special events permit is needed. (Outside vendors include caterers, DJs, etc.)
- No reservation will be made until payment is received.
- Cooking ingredients i.e. cooking oil, shrimp/crawfish water etc., should be placed in closed containers and hauled away or put in dumpsters.
- Charcoal must be completely extinguished and placed in a closed container or bag and either hauled away or put in dumpsters located in the far east corner of the Pavilion parking lot.
- Pick up all trash/litter or any garbage discarded by party under beach pavilion, on beach, and in parking lot. If this type of debris is too large for cans, they must be placed in dumpsters.
- If you move any park property such as garbage cans or picnic tables, they must be put back in place.
- You have until 11:00 PM to clean up.
- All signed paperwork must be received before a reservation is made. A non-refundable deposit of $100.00 is due at the time of the reservation. The remaining balance is due 60 days prior to the scheduled event.
- If a reservation is cancelled 61 days or more before the scheduled event, any amount paid after the $100.00 non-refundable deposit will be refunded. If the reservation is cancelled 60 days or less prior to the scheduled event, no refund will be granted.