If you're looking for adventure, Gulf State Park is the place to be! From kayaking and biking to parasailing, we've got it all! Below are just some of the great activities we offer. Click our vendor links for more information and scheduling! You are welcome to bring your own equipment (boats, kayaks, canoes) to our launch points at Lake Shelby and Middle Lake to enjoy a day on the water!
If you are interested in gaining skills to fish off of a saltwater pier, sign up for our Angler's Academy class.
Lake Shelby Picnic Area
- Take a segway tour throughout the Park with Coastal Segway Adventures!
- Rent kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards from Ike's Beach Service to explore Lake Shelby! You are welcome to bring your own equipment and launch from the shore as well!
- Use the boat ramp at Lake Shelby for a $5 fee via honor box.
- Visit the Camp Store in the Campground for bike rentals. We have a variety of bicycles available for adults and children!
- This location includes the cluster of facilities located within the campground, including the Camp Store, Middle Lake boat launch, and tennis courts.
- Use the boat ramp at this location for $5 fee, lots of parking available!
Rosemary Dunes Trailhead
- Bike rentals are available at the shopping plaza adjacent to this trailhead through Beach Bike Rentals.
Experience the beauty of the Gulf on a paddleboard! Pure Aloha Adventures will rent you paddleboards to enjoy the calm, clear water. They also offer paddleboard lessons so you can learn how to do it on your own!
Check out the Pure Aloha Adventure website for more information and to book a rental or lesson at the Beach Pavilion!
- Ike's Beach Service offers rental equipment on site including beach chairs and umbrellas, beach wheelchairs, and volleyball equipment. They also offer banana boat ride and parasailing rentals if you are feeling adventurous!
Gulf State Park is home to many types of wildlife, including alligators. Please be aware at all times. For detailed information, please see our Wildlife Safety recommendations.