If you're looking for adventure, Gulf State Park is the place to be! From kayaking and biking to parasailing, we've got it all! Below are just some of the great activities we offer. Click our vendor links for more information and scheduling! You are welcome to bring your own equipment (boats, kayaks, canoes) to our launch points at Lake Shelby and Middle Lake to enjoy a day on the water! Gulf State Park is home to many types of wildlife. Please be aware and see Wildlife Safety for more info.
View the map of the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail.
If you are interested in gaining skills to fish off of a saltwater pier, sign up for our Angler's Academy class.
- Visit the Camp Store in the Campground for bike rentals. Various sports equipment is available for campground guests to sign out at no cost and use on the courts available to them.
- Ike's Beach Service offers a variety of rental services from their location on Lake Shelby including kayaks, paddleboards, and bikes! They also offer rentals for beach chairs, volleyball equipment, beach wheelchairs, and parasailing!
- Enjoy a unique experience on the trail with Coastal Segway Adventures leaving from Lake Shelby and touring through the park with a guide!
Rosemary Dunes Trailhead
- Bike rentals are available at this trailhead from Beach Bike Rentals.
- Ike's Beach Service offers rental equipment on site including chairs and umbrellas. They also have parasailing and jet ski rentals if you are feeling adventurous!